7.07.2009

The sun always flirts with the clouds in Gulu.

There is so much for me to learn here! I am safe. We arrived in Gulu to find not the sketchy, war-torn area we had been warned about, but an energetic, purposeful town of strong people and NGO's around every corner. The food is great and the people are friendly. I'm taking lots of notes, learning as much Acholi as I can, and meeting people who can take me to villages and IDP camps.

My time online is limited, so that's all for now. More later!

2 comments:

  1. Wow I am so inspired by you! I cant wait to hear about your trip! How is all things? I miss it SO incredibly much I am sad here, but I am living of your incredibly juicy blogs. Thank you my sister:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Marlena! I miss you lots, and Uganda misses you too! Everything is wonderful here...I just got to Lira from Gulu yesterday, and I head back to Jinja on Friday. The north is incredible. I hope you are doing well! Love you.

    ReplyDelete